Saturday 15 October 2011

Sheep!!

This blog needs pictures of sheep!! I hope to add some soon.Some wool has come back from the spinning mill transformed into beautiful soft yarn & some 'rovings' are back from the mini-mill for handspinning. The rovings are from the 'special' sheep living at Silverdale,a North Country Cheviot/Bluefaced Leicester X has produced the nicest fleece I've ever worked with! I'm very tempted to keep it all for myself but must be practical --------- besides I would like other people to discover how beautiful it is too!!I will keep a little bit for me though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate

    I live in Silverdale and often drive down Bottoms Lane past those intriguing small brown sheep(Manx or Soay?). You don't happen to know what they are and if the fleeces are ever for sale do you?

    I love your grey throws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare email me on schofield316@btinternet.com & I'll tell you what I know about the little brown sheep! Looked at your blog ------- you've made some lovely things!

    ReplyDelete

handwoven bag

handwoven bag