Thursday 21 July 2011

spinning a yarn

Today I've been spinning some Cheviot/JacobsX wool.The fleeces come from a farm in Silverdale on Morecambe Bay & are a lovely soft pale grey.I buy  most of my fleeces from the Arnside/Silverdale area & last week I collected some beautiful Masham fleeces from a farm in Yealand Conyers,I've sent these off to be millspun into knitting wool & they should produce soft white,lustrous yarn.Most of last years fleeces were handspun & knitted up as usual but some were millspun & hand-dyed into shades that reflect the landscape of the area & some millspun yarn was woven in cosy checked throws. My only other source for fleeces is a farm animal sanctuary & this year I'm handspinning fleeces from my sponsored sheep Fergus & Tim.
I'm still learning about this blogging thing & hope to get some pictures sorted out soon.

1 comment:

handwoven bag

handwoven bag